For Kneading Dough:
- Refined flour – 1.5 cup (200 grams)
- 2 tbsp oil (40 grams)
- Salt – 1/2 tsp or to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- Potato – 3 (200 grams) (Boiled)
- Green coriander – 2 to 3 tbsp (finely chopped
- Green chilly – 1 (finely minced)
- Ginger – 1/2-inch-long piece (grated)
- Red chill powder – 1/4 Tsp
- 1/2 Teaspoon Cumin Seeds
- 1/2 Teaspoon Mustard Seeds
- Roasted cumin powder – 1/2 tsp
- Salt -1/2 tsp or to taste
- Garam masala – less than 1/4 tsp
- Mango powder – 1/4 teaspoon
- Coriander powder – 1 teaspoon
- Asafoetida one pinch
- Turmeric powder -1/4 teaspoon
- Oil – for frying
HOW TO MAKE MINI SAMOSA
Take refined flour in a bowl and add salt and oil into it. Mix well and knead the stiff and smooth dough like Roti dough by adding water little by little use around 1/2 cup of water for kneading this much quantity of flour). Cover and keep aside the dough for 20 minutes to set
Boil the potatoes and peel the boiled potatoes and mash finely. Heat 2 tsp oil in a Pan and Now add Asafoetida, cumin seed, mustard seed ginger, green chilly after that add coriander powder, turmeric powder, red chilly powder, roasted cumin powder, mango powder, garam masala, and salt. Mix all ingredients well and add finely mashed potatoes mix well and turn off the stove and then add some green coriander as well.
Stuffing is ready, take it out in a plate and allow it to cool down.
Grease your hands with some oil and knead the dough again. Make small lumps from the dough. Take one dough ball and roll out flat like Roti/Chapati and Divide the rolled Roti into two equal halves. Lift one part and fold giving it a cone shape. Stick the edges using some water.
Stuff the cone with potato stuffing. Give a plate at the back of the samosa and stick the edges using some water. Place the samosa on a plate in the correct position. When the oil is medium hot Fry Samosas 10-12 minutes until they turn golden brown then take out the fried samosas and place them over a plate with tissue paper. Similarly, fry all samosas. samosas are ready. Serve these samosas with green coriander chutney, sweet tamarind chutney or tomato sauce.
- Add oil in refined flour prior kneading it, samosa tastes tastier.
- The dough should be Smooth like Roti dough
- While making the cone and sticking the edges, use water and stick well.