Makes 16 Pav’s
- 2 1/2 cups of All-purpose Flour (Maida)
- 1 cup of warm milk (if needed you can add more than one cup of milk to make a soft dough)
- 1 – 2 Teaspoons of Salt
- 5 Teaspoons of Butter
- 2 Teaspoons/8 gms of Yeast
- 1 Tablespoon of Sugar
- Milk & Butter For Brushing
- Oil for greasing
- Warm the milk, Add the sugar and yeast. Mix well and keep aside for 8-10 minutes.
- Add the flour, salt in your kitchen platform or Dough kneading plate mix well (If you have a dough maker/mixer use it for kneading the dough)
- After 8-10 minutes the yeast mixture should look frothy if not, then use another yeast
- Add this yeast mixture to the Flour and mix well and start making a dough. It should become a sticky paste. if, not then add more milk
- Now add the butter to the sticky paste and continue kneading until it turns to a very soft dough it will take around 10-15 minutes of kneading to reach that stage. (if you are using dough mixer use it for 10-15 minutes)
- Don’t add any flour while kneading. It will be not soft if you add anything (except milk) while kneading.
- After 15 mins of kneading, transfer this dough to a big bowl, cover and keep aside for one hour.
- It will double in volume after one hour, oil your hands punch down the dough.
- Take out and knead for one minute, if it’s sticking too much then, sprinkle some flour. Don’t add too much flour or else, the Pav’s won’t be soft.
- Now divide the dough into 16 portions. with your hands roll them in a circular motion to make a ball shape.
- Take an 8″ Square or Rectangular tray (cake tin) and then grease it using oil, place all the balls.
- Keep the balls very close touching each other. Otherwise, they won’t rise.
- Now cover the tin with a damp cloth and keep aside for another hour.
- Preheat your oven to 200C (392F) for 10 minutes.
- Carefully remove the damp cloth after 45 minutes so that they don’t stick to the cloth.
- After one hour, brush the pav gently with milk. Gently place the tray in the oven and bake for 15 minutes.
- If the buns don’t look brown, bake for some more time.
- Then, take them out immediately and brush them on the top with butter. Keep aside till they cool.
You can eat them by making a vada pav, Pav Bhaji and make a burger.
if they pav’s get overcooked they will become hard.
The tray should be kept in the middle rack.