PREP TIME: 10 MINUTES
SOAKING TIME: 6 HOURS
COOK TIME: 20 MINUTES
TOTAL TIME: 6 HOURS 30 MINUTES
SERVINGS: 6 SERVINGS
AUTHOR: Chirag Prajapati
- 1 cup moong dal
- ¼ cup of water
- 1/4 cup Chana dal
- 1 green chilli, finely chopped
- 1 Whole Red chilli /chilli powder for your test
- 1-inch ginger
- 2 tbsp coriander, finely chopped
- 1 tsp Saunf / fennel seeds
- ½ tsp salt / for your test
- one pinch of Asafetida (Hing)
- ¼ tsp baking soda (Optional)
- oil for deep frying
- Firstly, in a large bowl soak 1 cup moong dal and 1/4 cup Chana dal for 5-6 hours.
- Drain off the water and blend to smooth paste adding ¼ cup water,1 Whole red chill, 1-inch ginger
- Transfer the prepared moong dal batter into a bowl.
- Add 1 green chilli, fennel seeds 2 tbsp coriander, ½ tsp salt , Hing and mix well now dip your hand in Moong dal paste and start dropping them one by one to medium hot oil.
- keep the flame in lower to medium stir occasionally.
- also fry the pakoda till they turn golden brown.
- drain off the vada on to kitchen towel to absorb oil.
- finally, serve moong dal vada with green chutney