This low fat vegetarian recipe with black beans and other super-healthy ingredients is very easy to create and tastes great too for such a low fat recipe. Remember, we’re not talking trans-fats on this one, but all good ones – and that’s how we like it, healthy and good for us in every way.
Pumped with our favorite health foods, avocado and pumpkin seeds, this is one perfect Mexican Salad for any vegetarian weight loss diet plans.
- Calories 353
- Fat 11gr
- Carbohydrates 44gr
- Protein 25gr
This recipe comes from Kardena Pauza, former Ms Fitness America and her Easy Veggie Meal Plans.
With plenty of good and healthy ingredients like avocado and pumpkin seeds, both of which are great health foods. Just to name one each, Avocados contain “oleic acid”, a monounsaturated fat that may help lower cholesterol. And Pumpkin seeds are superb source of magnesium and zinc, which both come with health benefits, “prostate protection” for men being the most known one. And plenty of healthful minerals, protein and monounsaturated fat too!
Mexican Salad Ingredients
- 3/4 cup Black Beans (canned, low sodium)
- 4 cups Salad greens- romaine lettuce or mixed field greens (bagged and pre washed)
- 3 sprigs Cilantro chopped
- 1 Tbl. guacamole/ avocado
- 1 Tbl pumpkin seeds
- 1 Tbl. Green onion
- 1/2 cup fresh tomatoes diced or salsa for salad dressing
- 1 oz Vegan Cheese (no casein) “Follow Your Heart Cheese”
Preparation (How Easy Is This!)
- Chop lettuce, cilantro, green onion, and tomatoes in bowl.
- Add cooked black beans, guacamole, pumpkin seeds, and crumble cheese on top.